Wednesday, November 10, 2010

History of Films...and a game.

themahler "And for the record, @OUCrumpy's movie knowledge is uncanny, I tell you."  

This is a quote from Twitter courtesy of my friend and News 9 meteorologist, Matt Mahler.  Now I shall explain.  Few people know about this...misswisabus, LagoComo, zodzilla, drklai...you know what I'm talking about.


So I have a fairly good memory when it comes to movies and which people were in certain movies together.  Last Friday, Matt Mahler and I took a little road trip up to Tulsa for the Norman/Jenks football game.  Road trips go much faster when you have something to talk about, so I took it upon myself to introduce Mr. Mahler to a little game called The Kevin Bacon Game: With a Twist (just made that up when I typed it).  The objective of the Kevin Bacon Game is to link any actor or actress to Kevin Bacon in 6 movies or less.  The game I play is taking any actor/actress and linking that person to any other actor/actress.  Still not sure of what I am talking about?  Here's an example, and it is one that I was given back in 2002...


Link Vivian Leigh to Jon Bon Jovi ------> 4 movies


Vivian Leigh was in A Streetcar Named Desire with Marlon Brando (1)
Marlon Brando was in The Island of Dr. Moreau with Val Kilmer (2)
Val Kilmer was in Tombstone with Bill Paxton (3)
Bill Paxton was in U-571 with Jon Bon Jovi (4)

For those of you that are wondering who Vivian Leigh is, well, she plays Scarlett O'Hara in Gone With the Wind.  Yes...this is from memory.


The game allows using 6 movies or less, but it is always my objective to link the actors/actresses in as few movies as possible.  Usually it is 3 movies or less. 

No comments:

Post a Comment