Saturday, February 26, 2011

The Best Years for Christian Music

     One of the things that has been an integral part of my life is music.  When people ask me what my favorite type of music is, I have to say that there isn't one type that is my favorite.  Now, if the question was what type of music has been the most influential, it would be Christian music.  Looking back on my life, the most influential and best years for Christian music was 1995-1996.  Here are the albums that had a part in my spiritual life.

Jesus Freak by DC Talk (1995)























Jars of Clay by Jars of Clay (1995)
























I'll Lead You Home by Michael W. Smith (1995)























Going Public by The Newsboys (1995)























Take Me To Your Leader by The Newsboys (1996)























Signs of Life by Steven Curtis Chapman (1996)























Third Day by Third Day (1996)
























     If you have listened to these albums, you probably know what I am talking about regarding their greatness.  If you haven't listened to these albums, they come highly recommended.

Source of pics: www.amazon.com

1 comment:

  1. Going Public and Take Me To Your Leader were two of the three albums that had the most influence on me as a new Christian in the mid to late 90s. The other was Petra's No Doubt. They ARE arguably some of the best of Christian music.

    I do also have a strong attachment to Jars of Clay as well. Charlie Lowell and Matt Odmark are both from Rochester and the people I went to school and church with knew or went to church with their families. It made for a strong connection to the band and the music.

    All of these albums though are GREAT. You have pretty good taste in music I would say.

    Jolene

    ReplyDelete