Wednesday, February 23, 2011

One Score And a Half...So Far.

     Thirty years ago today, I was born.  Thirty years!  It is so amazing to me as to how fast time goes by.  I hope that God grants me another thirty years, and maybe another thirty after that.  In honor of the thirty years, I will be giving a list of thirty events that took place in my life, the nation, and the world from a wide variety of topics.  Are you ready?

1981 - March 30, President Reagan was shot and wounded by John Hinckley.

1982 - March 29, Michael Jordan's "shot heard 'round the world" helped UNC win it's 2nd NCAA basketball national championship.

1983 - May 25, Return of the Jedi: Episode 6 is released in theaters.

1984 - January 24, Apple unveiled the Macintosh personal computer.  Also, wife was born. (Nov.)

1985 - September 29, MacGyver debuted on ABC.  Also, The Goonies was released in theaters.

1986 - January 28, Space Shuttle Challenger exploded 73 seconds after takeoff.  Also, Oklahoma won it's 6th NCAA football national championship (Jan. 1).

1987 - May 28, The Union's Civil War Ironclad, The Monitor, was discovered by a deep sea robot.

1988 - January 31, The Washington Redskins beat the Denver Broncos in Super Bowl XXII, 42-10.

1989 - March 24, Exxon Valdez oil spill.

1990 - April 29, Berlin Wall at the Brandenburg Gate started being torn down.

1991 - February 23, UNC was first NCAA basketball team to reach 1,500 wins (on my b-day no less).
         - March 6, President Bush (41st) announced to Congress that Gulf War was over.

1992 - April 6, Oriole Park at Camden Yards opened.  Also ended one of the best years in my public school experience (5th grade)

1993 - January 18, MLK Jr. Day observed in all 50 states for the first time.
         - April 5, UNC won it's 3rd NCAA basketball national championship against Michigan.

1994 - April 22, Former President Richard Nixon died.

1995 - January 12, O.J. Simpson murder trial begins in L.A.
         - April 19, OKC Bombing.

1996 - May 10, Twister premiered in theaters.  My brother graduated from high school.  My brother and I were in a severe car accident during the summer, which led me to accept Christ as my Savior and LORD.

1997 - The Empire Strikes Back: Special Edition premiered in theaters.  Also I got my driver's license.

1998 - January 26, Intel launched the 333 MHz Pentium II chip.  Also, the truth about Bill and Monica came to light.

1999 - April 20, Columbine shooting.  Also I turned 18 and I graduated from high school.

2000 - October 6, Slobodan Milosevic resigns.
         - December 13, Al Gore conceded the election and George Bush was named the 43rd President.
         - Oklahoma won its 7th NCAA football national championship.

2001 - September 11.

2002 - October 27, Someone other than the Yankees won the World Series (Anaheim Angels).

2003 - February 1, Space Shuttle Columbia explodes over Texas.

2004 - November 2, Kerry vs. Bush.  Bush won a second term.  Also, I graduated from OU (May).

2005 - April 4, UNC won its 4th NCAA basketball national championship against Illinois.
         - May 19, we finally saw how Anakin became Darth Vader.
         - August 29, Hurricane Katrina.

2006 - February 22, iTunes sold it's one billionth song.
         - August 24, Pluto was demoted to a "dwarf planet."
         - October 10, Google bought YouTube.
         - October 31, Bob Barker retired from The Price Is Right.
         - December 30, Saddam Hussein was executed.

2007 - January 9, Apple unveiled the iPhone.

2008 - February 20, U.S. Navy destroyed a U.S. spy satellite with a missile.
         - February 24, Fidel Castro resigned as Cuban President.
         - November 4, Barack Obama became the first African-American U.S. President.

2009 - January 15, U.S. Airways plane lands safely in the Hudson River.
         - June 6, I married the love of my life (on the 65th anniversary of D-Day).

2010 - January 10, China surpassed Germany as the world's largest exporter.

2011 - February 11, Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak resigns due to civil unrest.
         - February 23, I turned 30.

Source of info: www.brainyhistory.com

No comments:

Post a Comment