Monday, April 25, 2011

50 of My Favorite Films to Watch...25-21.

     Round 6....getting ourselves closer to the top 20.

#25     Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves

"How did your uneducated kind ever take Jerusalem?"

source of picture: http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTI2NzY5Mjk4OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwODExOTk5._V1._SY317_CR11,0,214,317_.jpg

Classic Alan Rickman as the villain.  One of my top movies to be able to quote while watching it.  Another opportunity for some Sean Connery impersonating.



#24     Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."


source of picture: http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTk3NzcwNzgxOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMjEzNjY2._V1._SY317_CR1,0,214,317_.jpg

I was trying to think of some things to say to explain my love for this movie.  I have come to the conclusion that it's all about the story.



#23     The Godfather

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."


source of picture: http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTIyMTIxNjI5NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzQzNDM5MQ@@._V1._SY317_CR2,0,214,317_.jpg

Mario Puzo, you're a terrific writer.



#22     Ghostbusters

"Gozer the Traveler. He will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldrini, the traveler came as a large and moving Torg! Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the McKetrick supplicants, they chose a new form for him: that of a giant Slor! Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!"


source of picture: http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BNTUzMDU3OTEyNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwOTk1MDE5._V1._SY317_CR2,0,214,317_.jpg


Comedic genius.



#21     Star Wars: A New Hope

"They didn't, but we are meant to think they did. These tracks are side by side. Sand people always ride single file to hide their numbers."


source of picture: http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTU4NTczODkwM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzEyMTIyMw@@._V1._SY317_.jpg

As I stated above, "I was trying to think of some things to say to explain my love for this movie.  I have come to the conclusion that it's all about the story."  (okay, I can't help but think of this line being said by Kevin Spacey as Walter Matthau for the part of Obi-Wan Kenobi)


Stay tuned for the next installment of my favorite films to watch...20-16.
*Movie quotes come from the individual movie pages found on www.imdb.com

1 comment:

  1. Courtney HendersonApril 25, 2011 at 9:38 PM

    All great movies. I've always been so annoyed by Kevin Costner's lack of an accent as Robin Hood. WHY? If Christian Slater can pull it off then Costner should be able to as well. Alan Rickman more than makes up for it. Classic!

    ReplyDelete