Saturday, September 10, 2011

It's tough...and Nostalgia

     Clearly it can be seen that my last post was weeks ago, on August 21.  It has been really hard to be consistent with creating blog posts.  Normally, one could post how their day went and that sort of thing, but for me as a teacher, I can't really do that.  No matter how goodhearted I want to be posting something about school, I can't go there.  There are teachers that have been fired over things that they have posted on blogs about their jobs.  In the words of Forrest Gump, "that's all I have to say, about that."

     So I am sitting here watching John Wayne in The Sons of Katie Elder on AMCHD.  Today, AMC is doing a "Crazy About" The Duke.  All the movies are John Wayne movies.  I was thinking about how movies aren't made like this anymore.  They aren't made the way they use to be.  I then was thinking about how nostalgic I am sometimes.  This happens when I am watching TV shows or movies or listening to music.  Sometimes I think back on my childhood or my youth and wonder what it would be like to revisit it for a brief moment.  I also think about what it would be like to actually go back through grade school, kind of like Billy Madison, but not exactly.  The fact that I only got straight A's once (it was in 3rd grade) in my whole K-12 career kind of makes me want to go back and see how I would I do now.  I know I have gone to college twice (once undergrad, second grad-certification only) but I have to say I do miss being in college. 

1 comment:

  1. I miss being in school as well. I was in school for almost 20 years straight (KG - Grad school), and I do miss being in a classroom discussing ideas and learning. It makes me think about working toward that PhD or EdD...

    Jolene

    ReplyDelete